· 1 tbsp. coconut oil (or oil of choice)
· 1 kg chicken thighs
· 1 brown onion, chopped
· 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
· 2 carrots, halved lengthways and cut into discs
· 2 potatoes, peeled and diced.
· 1 cup frozen peas
· 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
· 2 tablespoons flour of choice
· 400 ml (2 cups) chicken bone broth/stock
· Sea salt and black pepper
· ½ tbsp. fresh thyme
· ½ tbsp. fresh oregano
· 1 zucchini, diced
· 1/2 a small broccoli head, cut into small pieces
· 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1. Heat oil in a large, flameproof casserole dish or large frying pan to medium heat. Season chicken thighs and brown and seal on both sides for few minutes each. Remove and set aside. Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan oven).
2. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, oregano, thyme and potatoes to the pan, and cook, stirring, for around 5 minutes. Add the tomato and cook for further 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. While the vegetables are cooking, chop the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Stir in the flour, cook for 2min, then pour in the stock.
- Season to taste, then return the browned chicken to the casserole dish and pour over the vegetable/broth mixture. Add zucchini, pea’s and broccoli.
- Cover and cook in the oven 30min (or if cooking in saucepan – cook on low on stove top) until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is piping hot and thickened. Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of chopped parsley, salt and pepper to taste