LCH SHEPHERD’S PIE
- 500 grams Extra Lean Minced Chicken, Lamb or Beef
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 3 Carrot (diced)
- 3 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 cup Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 2 tbsps Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 1/2 tspvBlack Pepper (divided)
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 4 Sweet Potato (peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks)
- 1 head Cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tbsps Coconut Oil
- Cook your minced meat in a fry pan over medium heat. Stir every minute until cooked through. Drain liquid and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- Place the skillet back over medium heat and add olive oil. Add the onion and carrot and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until carrot starts to soften. Add the garlic, mushrooms and thyme and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer your cooked meat back into the skillet. Add the flour and stir until well mixed. Add the vegetable broth and stir in half the salt and half the black pepper. Bring to a simmer stirring frequently. Once simmering, add the peas and stir well to evenly mix. Now transfer the mixture into a casserole dish and spread evenly across the bottom. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Steam your sweet potato chunks and cauliflower florets together in a large steaming basket. Once they are tender (about 10 to 15 minutes), transfer to your food processor. Add the almond milk, coconut oil and remaining sea salt and black pepper. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the potato mix to the casserole dish and spread it evenly so it covers the meat and vegetable mix. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes (or longer if you like the edges crispy).
- Remove from oven. Let cool for about 5 minutes. Cut into slices and lift onto plates with a spatula. Enjoy!