A warming gluten free breakfast porridge loaded with chia, flax, hemp and coconut.
This brekky is a great way to boost your fibre intake, support hormone health and it’s loaded with nutrition.
- 1 cup of almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp. flax seeds of choice
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- A pinch of sea salt
- 3 drops of stevia (optional) or a small teaspoon of rice malt syrup.
- Toppings of choice (see below for idea’s)
- A drizzle of rice malt syrup to serve
- Pour the milk into a small to medium-sized saucepan.
- Slice vanilla bean in half, lengthwise, and scrape seeds into milk.
- Warm the milk over medium-heat until it comes to a gentle boil.
- Add the flax, chia, and hemp seeds along with the coconut, and stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and stir over low heat until porridge thickens.
- Season with small pinch of salt.
- Serve immediately with your favourite toppings.
o figs, pistachio and cocoa nibs.
o Raspberry and macadamia
o Pear and sunflower seed
o Blueberry, pumpkin seeds and buckwheat buckini’s
o Add half a tsp of ginger spice and all spice plus a clove to the seed mix (while cooking) to create a warming blend of seed porridge.