SWISS CHARD, LENTILS AND BROWN RICE
1/4 cup brown Rice (uncooked)
1/3 cup Water
1 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
4 cups Swiss Chard (washed, stems removed and chopped)
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Paprika
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ Garlic (clove, minced)
1 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 cup Lentils (cooked, drained and rinsed)
Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Use quinoa or brown rice pasta instead of brown rice.
- No Swiss Chard – Use kale, spinach or collard greens instead.
- More Protein – Top with a poached egg.
- Combine the rice and water in a medium sized pot and lightly salt the water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce to a simmer. Cover the pot and let cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the coconut oil. Add the swiss chard and saute just until wilted. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cumin, paprika, olive oil, garlic, apple cider vinegar and lentils. Stir well until everything is well mixed. Add in the rice once it is cooked, and continue to saute. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Divide into bowls and enjoy!