Cacao, Cashew and Date Truffles – makes 12
These Cacao, Cashew and Date Truffle are my kind of easter egg and the perfect little easter gift for your neighbour.
· 150g cashew nuts
· 150g dates
· 1 tbsp. coconut oil
· 2 tbsp. rice malt syrup or honey
· ½ tsp sea salt
· 1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
· 70g cacao powder (extra for dusting)
1. Soak the cashews and dates in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain the water off and place them in a food processor. Blitz them together until both are finely chopped.
2. Add the coconut oil, honey, salt and vanilla and blitz until you form a smooth paste. It should be quite loose and smooth. Then add the cacao powder and blitz again until completely smooth and blended through.
3. Tip the mixture into a bowl and leave to completely chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
4. Dust a surface with cacao powder. Take the mixture from the fridge and using a teaspoon, scoop a small amount onto your hands, roll into a ball and then roll through the cacao powder so that it is completely covered. Use all the mixture to make around 12 truffles.
5. Enjoy straight away or leave in the fridge to chill and harden a little more.